Are you a speech pathologist, audiologist, school psychologist, or student who supports or would like to serve bilingual clients? Would you like to earn CEUs during the day, and have some fun at night? Whether you’re a foodie, music buff, or sight-seeing fanatic, this location has it all! If you’re already dreaming up your Vegas plans, you should also plan on attending our 2018 Bilingual Symposium this summer!
Our Symposium will be held from July 19-21, 2018 near the Las Vegas strip. Our 3-day event hosted in this exciting city is a wonderful opportunity for you to learn new skills for evaluating and supporting your bilingual clients and network with other service providers from across the globe!
During our Symposium, you will:
- Gain tools you can use on “Monday morning” to advocate for and provide appropriate assessments to culturally and linguistically diverse students.
- Learn how to reduce misdiagnosis of communication disorders.
- Have the opportunity to ask questions about current knowledge and best practices in bilingual assessment and intervention.
- The ability to earn up to 1.2 ASHA CEUs or 12 hours of professional development!
Although the conference is geared primarily towards speech pathology, most topics are beneficial for service providers in other disciplines, including audiologists, school psychologists, and bilingual educators! Our conference is open to the public and we welcome any education professional who has the desire to learn. Students are also welcome, as the evidence and information offered in the sessions can be applied to their graduate work and clinical practicum.
This year, we are particularly excited about our slate of presenters, as they are each first-time speakers at the Bilingual Therapies Symposium!
- Alba Ortiz, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus, Department of Special Education, in the College of Education, at The University of Texas at Austin.
- Perla Gámez, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of developmental psychology at Loyola University Chicago.
- Phuong Palafox, M.S., CCC-SLP, bilingual speech-language pathologist at Bilinguistics.
- Raúl Prezas, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, Associate Professor in the Department of Human Services at Stephen F. Austin State University in Texas.
- Connie Summers, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, Associate Professor and the Co-Director of the Interdisciplinary Health Sciences Ph.D. program at the University of Texas at El Paso.
One of the highlights of this year’s Symposium is the location! What better place to learn AND play than the Entertainment Capital of the World?! The conference will be held at the Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa, a luxurious Vegas resort that offers everything from delicious cuisine, to relaxation and comfort, to world-class entertainment. Another perk of this summer’s Symposium is that you have the ability to choose your accommodations. Whether you want to relax in luxury at the conference hotel, or arrange to be in the middle of the action on the iconic Vegas Strip, the choice is yours! Contact us here if you’re interested in staying at the conference hotel, as we do have a limited block of discounted rooms.
Our registration deadline is July 6th! Reserve your spot today by registering here.