Bilingual service providers don’t always have many options for continuing education opportunities that focus on bilingual populations. This was a concern for us at Bilingual Therapies, as we predominately work with bilingual professionals, so we did something about it…
“Since 2001 we have been organizing this unique symposium that brings together researchers and practitioners to provide us with the most current resources for bilingual assessment and intervention.”
Are you a speech pathologist, audiologist, school psychologist, or student who supports or would like to serve bilingual clients? Are ready to earn CEUs in a stunning location where you can dip into the ocean after your sessions? Whether you want to explore the historic and ecological wonders or indulge in the sounds and tastes of the island, this location has it all! Start planning your trip to the 2019 Bilingual Symposium today.
Our Symposium will be held from June 20-22, 2019 in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Our 3-day event hosted in this exciting city is a wonderful opportunity for you to learn new skills for evaluating and supporting your bilingual clients and network with other service providers from around the country. This year our symposium presenters will walk you through two case studies that will highlight how professionals collaborate across disciplines to best assess and create intervention goals for culturally and linguistically diverse children.
2019 Bilingual Symposium Details
- Symposium presenters will walk you through two case studies that will highlight how professionals collaborate across disciplines to best assess and create intervention goals for culturally and linguistically diverse children.
- Attendees will gain resources to advocate for your culturally and linguistically diverse students.
- Attendees will build their network of peers to help support them when they return to their workplaces.
- Attendees will have the ability to earn up to 1.1 ASHA CEUs, or 11 hours of professional development!
Although the conference is geared primarily towards speech pathology, most topics are beneficial for service-providers in other disciplines, including audiologists, school psychologists and bilingual educators! Our conference is open to the public and we welcome any education professional who has the desire to learn. Students are also welcome, as the evidence and information offered in the sessions can be applied to their graduate work and clinical practicum.
2019 Bilingual Symposium Speakers
This year we are particularly excited about our slate of presenters as they include professionals from fields that collaborate with SLPs at the Bilingual Therapies Symposium!
- Sara Kangas, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Teacher Education in the College of Education, at Lehigh University.
- Ellen Stubbe Kester, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, Founder and president of Bilinguistics.
- Raúl F. Prezas, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, Associate Professor in the Department of Human Services at Stephen F. Austin State University in Texas.
- Pedro Olvera, Psy.D., L.E.P., Associate Professor in the School Psychology program at Azusa Pacific University.
Highlights of this year’s Bilingual Symposium
Location! Location! Location! What better place to learn, play and explore than the famous Isla Del Encanto-Puerto Rico?! The conference will be held at the La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, a luxurious oceanfront beauty that is only steps away from the sand and shores of Condado Beach. La Concha Resort is perfectly located near many delicious dining options, historic sites and nightlife hotspots.
Booking Your Accommodations in San Juan, Puerto Rico
There are so many wonderful places to stay in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Melissa White shares some helpful tips & tricks on how to book accommodations for your trip! Watch her video below to learn more.
Contact us here if you’re interested in staying at the conference hotel as we do have a limited block of discounted rooms.
Our registration deadline is June 3! Reserve your spot today!
This course is offered for up to 1.1 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level, Professional area).